Sunday, December 14, 2008

DNA newspaper hits Bangalore

Bangalore has yet another English newspaper. It's the DNA. A very unlikely name for a newspaper. It's the abbreviation for Daily News and Chronicle. It is a joint venture of Zee networks and Dainik Bhaskar group, if my knowledge is correct. Its main edition is in Mumbai.

This morning I just flipped through it, will read in detail later. It looks great. Lots of pictures and colour, and plenty to read also. I didn't find too many ads, so lot of photos is okay I think. Otherwise too much of colour is ugly.

There is a section on books, which is good; since unlike popular perception, a lot of the Bangalore's young crowd buy and read books.

There was so much hype around DNA launch bec of the ad campaign 'I believe in Bangalore'. The paper has published results of a survey on this theme. About how much people relate to the city.

Going by the product, my first impression is that it is good, and it was worth the wait. I'm sure this will give competition to other papers like Times of India, Deccan Herald and Hindu. But Times I think is way ahead in circulation -- I can see it everywhere. Let us see what change will this new kid bring about.

No comments:

Post a Comment